vacancy: marketing manager
Living/working in Belgium or Spain (Malaga region)
Wisely is growing in the Benelux, has expansion ambitions in France, Spain, Portugal and is seeking a highly entrepreneurial Marketing Manager to build and lead our marketing team based in our Kortrijk headquarters and support office in Malaga (Spain).
As being Impact Makers for Retail and Leisure via all kinds of campaigns, the Marketing Manager will not only be working on our own corporate brand and communication. He/She will, together with the marketing coordinators, also be responsible for setting the marketing strategies and media mixes for diverse projects of our clients.
what you’ll do
The Marketing Manager will grow and lead our corporate and client marketing, with co-responsibility for Strategy, Product Management, New Product Development, Field Marketing and Internal/External Communications. He/she will head in the future a team in Belgium and Spain. Furthermore, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for designing marketing plans and strategies for the projects of our clients, together with our team of marketing coordinators. He/She will be working with external designers and partners to grow our business and brand within Benelux and other forementioned countries.
- Build marketing, strategy, and multi-year plans for Wisely to define new business opportunities critical to the success of the organization, to identify the direction for Marketing, and to track, monitor, and measure success.
- Go deeper into the DNA of the running business and projects of our clients and improve strategies, bring extra creativity and leverage your knowledge of media to boost performance.
- Identify market and industry trends, determine implications, research competitive products and offerings, and evaluate competitive position to influence and support product development efforts.
- Evaluate the capabilities and gaps in Wisely’s services and products to identify opportunities for revenue and product enhancements.
- Develop and nurture a digital marketing strategy, leveraging your knowledge of SEO, digital advertising, social media, website optimization, email campaigns and other digital tools.
- Building the lead funnel and filling the pipeline via inbound marketing and through marketing automation.
what you’ll be joining
A fast-paced, highly hands-on, boots-on-the-ground, entrepreneurial environment. You will in the first weeks get used to and get to know the company, ways of working, the clients and the team in the Headquarters in Kortrijk. You will build and head our support team in Malaga (Spain), while working on your missions described above. You will be working very closely with the founders and CEO.
Wisely is family-owned and founders are highly entrepreneurial and hands-on. Today Wisely is a small team with strong ambitions. We are at the moment of many exciting times and opportunities. You will be able to be at the forefront to realize our plans to be the exclusive number one in our fields of activities and target audiences. More than that, you will be part of the management team responsible for the future of the company.
Wisely doesn’t just do marketing. We are constantly on the search of technological and innovative solutions to integrate in our marketing campaigns in order to bring our customers better results, more efficiënt steering wheels and data about the return on investment. We aim to accompany our clients on the long term and not only facilitate them ad hoc services.
what you’ll need
- University/Master Degree
- Experience across multiple marketing disciplines (e.g. Digital Marketing, communications, field, strategy, product management and development), with at least 3 years of relevant Marketing experience
- Experience in world of (local) retail and/or retail real estate would be a plus.
- Exhibit strong leadership and interpersonal/empathic skills
- Strong analytical, creative and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to create a comprehensive marketing strategy and individual work plans for employees (task and deliverable driven which are time bound)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment with a positive work attitude
- Proven self-starter with project management skills and well-organized
- Ready to roll up your sleeves in order to learn on the job and contribute to the daily workload in the first weeks.
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch (both written and oral), Spanish is a plus
what you’ll get
You will receive training on the job and will assume responsibility at an early stage. You can look forward to a competitive salary package. Nice colleagues, coffee and an entrepreneurial environment are for free.
This function can be filled in a fulltime regime on the payroll or by a freelancer in a parttime regime.
The Kortrijk head office is situated in Hangar K, the hip co-creation hub, at 10 minutes walking distance from the railway station and the city center. Car parking in front. Next to the brand new Lago water complex with sport swimming possibilities and subtropical fun and the borders of the river De Leie bringing possibilities to run and/or bike.
Wisely, being part of the Beaver & Eagle Tribe, is unique in its type and approach towards its customers. We deliver impact making strategy, services, campaigns and concepts for retail and leisure customers, where local governments and retail real estate funds/owners are for the moment our main clients. Ensuring us – even during COVID 19 period – financial stability and long term future proof collaborations.
You think you are maybe the right person?
Show us your genuine interest by sending us your CV or at least the link to your up-to-date and detailed LinkedIn profile and by writing us a mail explaining us why you think you are suitable for this vacancy. Only those applicants who meet the both, will be answered or taken into account. Just hitting the ‘I’m interested’-button is not sufficient to show us your enthusiasm.